When you’re heading outside and getting active, protect your family from West Nile Virus with these simple tips.
Increasing your level of physical activity is one of the best things you can do for your health.
Getting active can be as easy (and as fun!) as going for a walk, riding bikes, or playing sports in the park or community center. Simple changes, like choosing the stairs instead of the elevator, can add up to a big difference.
We’re working to open up schools and community centers for public recreation, and provide safe places to walk and bike, to make it easier to achieve a more active lifestyle.
Right now is the right time for LA County residents and families to start moving healthy.
Engaging in regular physical activity and exercise – 60 minutes a day for children and 30 minutes a day for adults – can help to:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Strengthen bones and muscles.
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Improve mental health and mood.
- Provide opportunities for bonding with family and friends.
- Reduce the risk of becoming overweight or obese and boost self-confidence, especially in children.