Funded by the CDPH under Contract 17-10698
Drinking too much sugar can cause cavities in your teeth and increase your risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes. Soda, sports drinks, energy drinks, sweetened teas, and juice drinks are all sugary drinks. Water is the healthiest drink for your whole body, including your smile. Your teeth will thank you.
5 fun ways to drink more water:
- Stock the fridge with water so you can serve yourself chilled water at any time
- Add flavor with slices of fresh lemon, cucumber, or watermelon
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you everywhere and refill often
- On hot days, add frozen fruit to your water bottle – water will stay cold and refreshing
- Instead of buying a juice drink, sip on a glass of water while eating fresh fruit